What would you say Dare is about?
What was your favorite part of Maya's crazy adventure in Hollyhood?
Which character(s) do you most identify with?
Talk about the concept of one true love. Do you believe that there
is indeed only one true love for everyone?
Discuss the psychological themes of Dare.
What does the novel say about ideas of family?
What do you think of the fashion & commercialism in the story?
What does the story say about entertainment and pop culture?
What does this book say about fame? Popularity?
What does the novel say about truth and reality?
Did you actually use any of the inspirational chapters that divide the
story into sections?
12. What does Dare say about identity? How did characters grow and change, if at all?
Did your opinions of any characters change during the story?
Are their any villains in this story?
What are your favorite moments?
What did you think of the poetry and song lyrics in the novel?
The author does not consider this a hip hop story but a human story.
Do you agree? Disagree?
does the story say about happiness?
fairy tale themes do you find in the novel?
Biblical themes are in Dare?
21. The author wanted to do a version of The Wizard of Oz? What parallels
do you find?
22. Faust is a popular German legend about a scholar who makes a deal with the devil and succumbs to a life of
temptation. Dare is a retelling of the story. How did temptation play a part in Dare?
23. How does Abiola
Abrams use language and imagery to bring the characters and story to life?
24. Did the book's characters or style remind
you of any other books?
25. Does this book have a message? Or touch your life in any way?
IF YOU LIKE THE BOOK, PLEASE REVIEW ON AMAZON! ;-)